Sunday 20 May 2012

Weekend Wrap

The weekend wrap. Everyone’s favourite part of Monday!

This weekend started off pretty well. I went to see the Avengers with my girlfriend and although I felt disgustingly sick from the amount of pick ’n’ mix I ate, the film was thoroughly entertaining.

Saturday. Now where do I begin with this sorry tale of woe! It started off fine. The weather was good and I was going to earn myself $20 for sampling cider – sweet. On the way to the train station, the car (that my girlfriend got serviced for this very problem) began to overheat. We stopped and put in some water, it cooled down enough to get me to the station but my poor girlfriend had to cancel her massage appointment and wait for someone to come and help her out.

She waited there for 45 minutes to be told that she had got ripped off by a franchise garage, what a joy. Meanwhile everything was going ok for me. I had made it to the Market Research place and was 20 minutes into my testing. Then the computer crashed. After it was started up again, I had to do it all again. No worries, so I did that.

Just as I was 2 questions from the end (an hour later) the computer crashed again! there was no way that I was doing it again, luckily I could finish it on paper and collect my $20. Happy, I went to wait for the train. I waited the 13 minutes for the train in the sun, it was rather pleasant. That was until the train went straight through the station!!! Someone to do with the train service then told me that there had been a problem and that the train wasn’t stopping, the next train was in an hour!

No way was I hanging around for that. I went out of the train station to catch the bus, only to see the bus pulling away from the bus stop as I approached the road – great. I checked another route, there was another bus that would take me to Parramatta and from there I could get home. Off I went to that bus stop to find, yes you guessed it, the bus pulling away from the stop – bollocks!!!

There was only one thing for it, I got a cab back to a main station. There goes the $20 I made. So far the market research thing had cost me money! Eventually I got back to Ashfield. My girlfriend picked me up and we were off to Ikea to get a bookcase.

Or so we thought. The traffic was an un-mitigating disaster. Everywhere we went to try and make it in the direction of Ikea was choc-a-bloc with traffic. Bumper to bumper. We soon gave up and went to another shopping mall.

This was more successful. I bought a couple of beanies and some socks, (mmmmm new socks) and together we bought a new duvet set, all rather exciting. It was made more exciting when I nearly left said duvet set in a homeware shop and walked out, only to be reminded by my ever alert girlfriend that I no longer had it.

The fun doesn’t stop there. On the way out of the car park, we managed to not get bullied into giving up our right of way, and made it into daylight. Oh the relief. That was very short lived. As we sat at the traffic lights, a car, clearly too big to fit through the gap it was trying to get through bumped into us. Of course!! Fortunately there was next to no damage to our car apart from a little scratch, hopefully a lot more was done to her car. We thought it was best we just went home for a bit.

After relaxing at home, our Saturday took a decided turn for the better. We had a lovely meal out, for $15 each due to a voucher, then went home watched a film and put this day to bed.

Sunday couldn’t have been any worse. And it wasn’t. I went back to finish my market research, earnt $100 this time and brilliantly the train stopped at the station. We went up to the Central Coast for my girlfriends nan’s birthday lunch, which was very enjoyable and were aiming to get the 3.26 back home.

As we were heading to the station, we could see we were cutting it fine but we always had a minute to spare. Or so we thought. We bundled out of the car only to see the train pull away from the station. Back into the car we  get and try to beat the train to the next station.

We fail. It has already gone by the time we get there. We have an 18 minute wait, not enough time to go for a drink and knowing our luck this weekend, if we had done that we would comfortably have missed the next train. Sitting on the platform the news comes down, our train is delayed for 8 minutes. Of course it is, why couldn’t the previous train have been delayed.

The rest of the journey passed without incident. I fell asleep, woken when someone kindly knocked my shoulder with their heavy bag, and we got home about 5.30. I had waited all day to watch the recorded Champions League Final.

I knew it wasn’t going to be a great game but I sat through all 120 minutes of it, getting ever more excited when I thought of the chance of penalties. I fast forwarded the adverts to get to the penalties only for the recording to have stopped as the first taker was walking up, the story of the weekend. At least we got to watch a bit of Homes Under the Hammer before bed. That is the thought for today, tune in tomorrow for something else. Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment